What is the simple past tense of meditate?
past tense of meditate is meditated.
How do you use meditate in a sentence?
Meditate sentence example
- His omission to do so gave the country time to meditate on the consequences of his policy. …
- In order to meditate on the mystic lore he withdrew to a hut by the Nile, returning home for the Sabbath.
What is the verb of meditate?
transitive verb. 1 : to focus one’s thoughts on : reflect on or ponder over He was meditating his past achievements. 2 : to plan or project in the mind : intend, purpose He was meditating revenge. Other Words from meditate Synonyms Choose the Right Synonym More Example Sentences Learn More about meditate.
Is meditation a verb?
verb (used without object), med·i·tat·ed, med·i·tat·ing. to engage in thought or contemplation; reflect. to engage in transcendental meditation, devout religious contemplation, or quiescent spiritual introspection.
What is another word for meditate?
Some common synonyms of meditate are muse, ponder, and ruminate. While all these words mean “to consider or examine attentively or deliberately,” meditate implies a definite focusing of one’s thoughts on something so as to understand it deeply.
Is meditation good or bad?
The research body into the benefits of meditation is also growing steadily; there are studies showing meditation lowers blood pressure, helps with chronic pain, lowers people’s heart rates, and even protects the brain from damage caused by stress.
What are the 3 types of meditation?
There are nine popular types of meditation practice:
- mindfulness meditation.
- spiritual meditation.
- focused meditation.
- movement meditation.
- mantra meditation.
- transcendental meditation.
- progressive relaxation.
- loving-kindness meditation.
What does the Bible say about meditation?
When the Bible mentions meditation, it often mentions obedience in the next breath. An example is the Book of Joshua: “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it.
How do you meditate in bed?
How to meditate
- Find a quiet area. Sit or lie down, depending on what feels most comfortable. Lying down is preferable at bedtime.
- Close your eyes and breathe slowly. Inhale and exhale deeply. Focus on your breathing.
- If a thought pops up, let it go and refocus on your breathing.
How do you define meditation?
Meditation can be defined as a set of techniques that are intended to encourage a heightened state of awareness and focused attention. Meditation is also a consciousness-changing technique that has been shown to have a wide number of benefits on psychological well-being.
Is meditation a word?
In popular usage, the word “meditation” and the phrase “meditative practice” are often used imprecisely to designate practices found across many cultures. These can include almost anything that is claimed to train the attention of mind or to teach calm or compassion.
What are some benefits of to meditation?
The emotional benefits of meditation can include:
- Gaining a new perspective on stressful situations.
- Building skills to manage your stress.
- Increasing self-awareness.
- Focusing on the present.
- Reducing negative emotions.
- Increasing imagination and creativity.
- Increasing patience and tolerance.